1. The Grace Unplugged Contest (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, eighteen (18) years of age or older who registers by completing an official entry form and submitting a photo or video at www.Graceunpluggedcontest.com (the “Contest Website”). Each entrant must post on the website either a video or a photo which represents “grace”. The video, which must be sixty (:60) seconds in length or shorter, can be an original song, skit, personal story or testimony of the entrant or a group that includes the entrant. The photo can be any photo taken by the entrant. Each entrant may complete only one entry per person or group. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Communications Corporation (“Salem”), Grace Hill Media (“GHM”), their affiliated companies, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. There will be two (2) Grand Prize winners, two (2) Runner Up winners, and two (2) Honorable Mention winners from among all radio stations participating in this Contest. One Grand Prize Winner, one Runner Up winner and one Honorable Mention winner will be chosen from the Video category and the other Grand Prize Winner, Runner Up winner, and Honorable Mention winner will be chosen from the Photo category. By entering the contest the entrant exclusively assigns all rights in all media worldwide in and to their performance (video) or image (photo) to GHM. All entries will become property of GHM and will not be returned. Photos and videos submitted by entrants must be of good quality and may not contain inappropriate, offensive or tasteless material in the opinion of Salem and GHM. To be eligible for the Contest, the entry form and photo or video must be submitted to the Contest Website from September 16, 2013 through October 2, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. All acceptable photos and videos from entrants will be posted on the Contest Website, where visitors to the website can vote for their favorite in each category from September 16, 2013 through October 2, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Visitors can vote for multiple entries in each category, with a limit of one vote per entry per day. The five videos and five photos which receive the most votes will be the finalists in each category. If there is a tie among the votes in a category such that five finalists cannot be selected, the finalists from among the tied entrants will be selected by random drawing. From the five (5) finalists in each category, the Grand Prize Winner, Runner Up winner and Honorable Mention winner will be selected by a panel of judges based upon 1) best representation of theme, 2) most creative, and 3) best overall talent from among all eligible entries. Each judge will award 5 points for their first choice, 4 points for their second choice, etc. In the event of a tie for any prize, the winner from among the tied finalists will be selected by random drawing by GHM. The winners will be announced on October 4, 2013 on the Contest Website. Entrants need not be present to win. The winners will be notified by e-mail or regular mail within two (2) weeks from the date of selection. The winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If GHM does not receive the affidavit and release within two (2) weeks of notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Salem and GHM without additional compensation. The prize will be awarded within approximately two (2) weeks after all required proof and documentation is received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Neither Salem nor GHM is responsible for lost, late, damaged or mishandled entries.
3. There are two (2) Grand Prizes: one check in the amount of $2,000 for the Video Winner and one check in the amount of $2,000 for the Photo Winner (“Grand Prize”), with an approximate retail value of $2,000.00. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Grand Prizes, provided however, Salem or GHM may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
4. There are two (2) Runner Up Prizes: one check in the amount of $1,000 for the Video Winner and one check in the amount of $1,000 for the Photo Winner (“Runner Up Prizes”), with an approximate retail value of $1,000.00. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent will be given for the Runner Up Prizes, provided however, Salem or GHM may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. There are two (2) Honorable Mention Prizes: one check in the amount of $500.00 for the Video Winner and one check in the amount of $500.00 for the Photo Winner (“Honorable Mention Prizes”), with an approximate retail value of $500.00. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent will be given for the Honorable Mention Prizes, provided however, Salem or GHM may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the panel of judges (“Contest Judge”). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Salem or GHM, their affiliated companies or their advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. Each winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Salem, GHM, and their affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
7. To find out the winners of the Contest, look for the winner’s name posted on the Contest Website, once the name has become available upon the conclusion of the Contest.